The restoration of the tooth (art restoration, aesthetic restoration of teeth) - a set of actions aimed at restoring the damaged tooth. Tooth restoration is necessary, if the tooth was affected by decay for more than 50%.
Restoration is applied:
• For correction of shape and a size of the teeth, including the wrong position of a dentition;
• To eliminate the gaps between the teeth;
• To restore the shape and color of decayed teeth;
• To repair chipped teeth - as a result of injuries;
• To restore the cutting edges of the teeth;
Restoration involves a minimal effect on healthy tissues of the tooth.
Restoration can be done in a one-step and or in 2 or 3 steps:
• One-step - a therapeutic procedure for restoring a tooth for a single visit to the dentist. Usually it takes three to four hours.
• Multi-stage treatment- the restoration of a tooth by orthopedic veneers (inlays with metal-ceramic crowns). Available for restoration teeth need removal of dead and inflamed areas of the pulp (soft tissue). It is also necessary to make root canal treatment.
Usually, tooth that needs restoration has poorly preserved form, and sometimes completely destroyed the upper part. For that reason, into the root is set a post (nail, tag). The posts are made of titanium or glass fiber with composites. They have high flexibility, which helps to avoid breaks of the saved tooth during installation. Then on the post is put filling material of different shades.
You can restore the tooth with inlays and veneers. Veneer is a ceramic cover that is attached to the front part of the tooth by the cement. Veneers are made in laboratory conditions and fired at high temperature, eventually resemble tooth enamel. They can be made of ceramic and composite.
The final choice between the types of restoration make a dentist considering features of the particular oral cavity and wishes of the patient.